The Albany takes great pride in the amount of trips and visits that students are exposed to. It is imperative as we are an academy that such events are meticulously managed to ensure we are compliant with all legislation. The VETs committee meets monthly to ensure that all trips are financially secure, adequately staffed without causing excessive cover and do not clash with examinations or other school events.
So far this year, visits have included:
- Geography Residential Field Trip to Flatford Mill
- Netball tour
- Visit and workshops at the Globe Theatre
- An overnight no food , no shelter exercise
- Geography field trips to Minster Cliffs and Sheerness
- Queen’s Theatre
- Blood Brothers theatre visit
- Speak Out Challenge
- The Wallace Collection in London
- Media trip to London and Thames Chase
- Transition event for all Year 10s
In addition to this, regular Gifted and Talented visits have taken place and are detailed elsewhere. The PE department has also continued with its wide range of tournaments and fixtures.
We have also benefited from many visitors to school including:
Frances Bardsley - Sixth Form